Congratulations graduates of 2015! You are now ready to start your next adventure...here's a little help from your beloved teacher.
VerMeer's Wisdom List:
1. Kindness is MORE important than popularity or being right.
1 Cor. 16:14 Let all you do be done in love.
2. Today's choices build tomorrow's reputation.
Proverbs 22:1 A good name is MORE desirable than great riches.
3. Get comfortable with being Uncomfortable; life is challenging and requires you to stick to your guns.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
4. Work at something you enjoy; something that is worthy of your time and energy.
Psalm 16:11 You will make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy; In your right hand there are pleasures forever.
5. Forgive - yourself and others.
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as Christ forgave you.
6. Happiness is NOT based on money, beauty, possessions, a killer pair of heels or prestige, but on loving and respectful relationships.
II Cor. 9:8 God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things and at all times, having all that you NEED, you will abound in every good work.
7. Be Honest - give credit and take blame.
Phil. 4:8 Whatever is TRUE, whatever is HONEST, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY; think on these things.
8. Don't Gossip!
Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwelcome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is useful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
9. Discipline yourself to save money, pray daily and NEVER kiss on the first date!
Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, whose waters do not fail.
10. Never lie to your Doctor, Minister or Mother!
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
Therefore, graduates remember your path is ordained and as Romans 8:31 says, "If God is for us, then who can be against us?"